February Book Club with the Cambridge Public Library and All She Wrote Books - 2/23
A Book Club Zooms Into a Bar
(Mixed beer pack, and access to a livestream book club co-hosted by the Lamplighter team, the Cambridge Public Library, and All She Wrote Books)
You’re invited to the fourth session of our book club, where Lamp and Cambridge Public Library staff team up to highlight contemporary works from marginalized voices. This time around, we're so excited to welcome to our partnership All She Wrote Books, an intersectional, inclusive feminist and queer bookstore that supports, celebrates, and amplifies underrepresented voices through our thoughtfully curated selection of books spanning across all genres.
This month, we’ll read Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler, an author who needs no introduction. This dystopian novel, set in 2025, follows one Southern Californian woman's journey as the world descends into anarchy around her. Then we'll meet over zoom to discuss, and taste beer, at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, 2/23. We'll send you the link to that on Friday 2/20.
To register: there are several ticket options available, now that we have a bookstore on our team! See options and pickup details below. We'll send out an email to all registrants with the below information + specific pickup dates.
- Buy the book and the beer pairing.
- Pick up the book at Lamplighter or All She Wrote Books (Assembly Square), and pick up the beer in the couple of days before the book club.
- Your beer pairing includes:
- One 375ml bottle Outside Bruges (Belgian-Style Tripel)
- One 375ml bottle Pudgie (2020 Barleywine)
- Pick up the beer in the couple of days before the book club.
- Buy the beer pairing, and borrow the book digitally from the Cambridge Public Library (no on-site pickups at this time)
- *If you do not yet have a library card and would like one, register for a digital version here.
- Buy the book and skip the beer.
- Pick up the book at Lamplighter or All She Wrote Books (Assembly Square).
- Buy neither, borrow the book from the Cambridge Public Library, and attend for free!
- See above for library access tips, OR email firstname.lastname@example.org to borrow Lamp's copy!