2021 LS I - Sour Dark Strong Ale Aged in French Oak
Sour Dark Strong Ale Aged in French Oak
(1) 750mL Bottle, 10.4% ABV
Our first Luminary Society release of 2021 is a Sour Belgian-Style Strong Ale barrel-aged in French Oak 12 months. This beer began as Blitzen, a full-bodied Belgian-Style Quadrupel brewed with fresh-ground nutmeg and cinnamon stick. This base ale was then transferred to a collection of barrels inoculated with Brettanomyces and a blend of bacteria, which add layered tartness, oaky tannins, and characteristic funk. The result is complex dark sour with velvety mouthfeel, plummy wine-like undertones, and a dry, slightly bitter finish.For current Luminary Society Members only. Available for Brewery Pick Up or Shipping ( MA, NH, PA, VT and DC Only)
Pick Up Instructions:
- Please pick-up all orders between 12pm - 8pm (open daily)
- Call 617.945.0450 on arrival, and we will run the package to your car.
- All pick-ups require proof that the purchaser is 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.
- Shipping available in MA, NH, PA, VT and DC only (UPS)
- Rates calculated by weight at checkout
- Packages will ship in 3-4 business days
- All shipments require the receiver to be 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.