2019 LS IV - Flanders Red Ale Aged in French Oak
Flanders Red Ale Aged in French Oak
(1) 750mL Bottle, 6.1% ABV
LS4 is our take on a Flanders-Style Red, a sour ale with origins in West Flanders, Belgium. In fact, this beer is one of the first projects to come out of our new oak foeders, acquired in November 2018. For its first six months, LS4 fermented in a foeder alongside a Belgian yeast blend containing Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, and Pediococcus cultures. Next, the ale was transferred to French oak barrels for an additional three months, developing tannic wood character and a rich, vinous complexity. Red malts contribute a ruby hue to the final brew, which balances prominent dark fruit aromas with a red wine character evocative of plum, beetroot, and raspberry. LS4 finishes semi-dry, with a snappy lactic tang that satisfies and refreshes the palate – a fantastic combination for a wide variety of food pairings. Drink fresh or cellar.For current Luminary Society Members only. Available for Brewery Pick Up or Shipping ( MA, NH, PA, VT and DC Only)
Pick Up Instructions:
- Please pick-up all orders between 12pm - 7:30pm (open daily)
- Call 617.945.0450 on arrival, and we will run the package to your car.
- All pick-ups require proof that the purchaser is 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.
- Shipping available in MA, NH, PA, VT and DC only (UPS)
- Rates calculated by weight at checkout
- Packages will ship in 3-4 business days
- All shipments require the receiver to be 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.