2019 LS III - Farmhouse Aged in Brett Barrels
Farmhouse Ale Aged in Brettanomyces Barrels
(1) 750mL Bottle, 7.5% ABV
LS3 is a Farmhouse Ale aged for a year in French oak barrels inoculated with our house strain of Brettanomyces yeast. Two distinct base beers were brewed and fermented for this release - the first used a grist bill of Belgian Pilsner malt with flaked wheat and wheat malt for added body and crispness. The second combined rye and bitterless black malt to achieve a touch of spice character and a deep brown hue. Blended in a 50/50 ratio before bottling, the resulting beer is amber in color, lightly tannic, and leads with big Brett. aromas reminiscent of fresh kiwi and ripe plum. On the palate, a gentle tartness and date-like malt character dominate, giving way to a bone-dry, refreshing finish. Drink fresh or cellar.
Pick Up Instructions:
- Please pick-up all orders between 12pm - 7:30pm (open daily)
- Call 617.945.0450 on arrival, and we will run the package to your car.
- All pick-ups require proof that the purchaser is 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.
- Shipping available in MA State only (UPS)
- Rates calculated by weight at checkout
- Packages will ship in 3-4 business days
- All shipments require the receiver to be 21+ years of age. A government-issued ID will be required upon pick-up.